Mr. Pettibone’s recent publications include:
- Author of the article, “Due Process Considerations in Expedited Arbitrations”, Indian Journal of Arbitration Law, Vol. 10, No. 1 (2021)
- Co-author (with John S. Siffert and Angela Zhu) of the article, “An Examination of Institutional Arb-Med-Arb Protocols and Practices”, American Arbitration Association Dispute Resolution Journal, Vol. 76, No. 1 (2021)
- Co-author (with Michael Lampert) of the article “The Death, Disability or Disqualification of an Arbitrator”, Commercial Arbitration, No. 2(4) July-December 2020
- Author of the article “The Prague Rules on the Efficient Conduct of Proceedings in International Arbitration: are they an Alternative to the IBA Rules on the Taking of Evidence in International Arbitration?”, Asian Dispute Review, January, 2019
- Author of the article “Russia’s Comprehensive Arbitration Reforms”, NYSBA New York Dispute Resolution Lawyer, Vol. 10, No. 1 (Spring 2017).
- Author of the article “The Scope of the Public Policy Exception to the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards in Russia”, The American Review of International Arbitration, Vol. 25, No. 1 (2014)
- Author of the article “The Nonarbitrability of Corporate Disputes in Russia”, Arbitration International, Vol. 29, No. 2 (2013).
Mr. Pettibone’s recent speeches include:
- Speaker on emergency arbitrations at the SIAC Russia Academy (Webinar Edition), August 2021
- Speaker on due process considerations in fast track arbitrations at the Winter Academy of the Russian Institute of Modern Arbitration (RIMA), January 2021
- Speaker on legal issues in foreign trade and investment at a conference at the Russian Foreign Trade Academy, October 2020
- Speaker on the Do’s and Dont’s in Choosing an Arbitral Seat in the CIS, at the XII Annual ABA-RAA Conference on Dispute Resolution held in Moscow, September 2020
- Speaker on the uses of 28 USC Section 1782 in international arbitration, at a conference at the Froriep law firm, Geneva, February 2019.
- Speaker on the uses and benefits of American-style cross examination of fact and expert witnesses, at the Russian Arbitration Association IV Annual Conference in Moscow, April 2017.
- Chair of panels on current issues in arbitration, at the ABA/RAA Conferences on Dispute Resolution held in Moscow in each of the years 2013-2021.
- Speaker on the limits of business confidentiality and the attorney-client privilege in Russia, at the US-Russia Business Council annual meeting in Houston, Texas, October 2013.
- Speaker on the topic of State Immunity, at the III St. Petersburg Legal Forum in May 2013.